Hounds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» My sigs and Art
Guidelines and help EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:06 pm by Tic

» Chocolate Puddin'
Guidelines and help EmptyWed May 07, 2014 10:43 am by Chocolate Pudding

» My Art pieces
Guidelines and help EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:46 am by Riley

» The Shack. (Main RP Area)
Guidelines and help EmptyWed May 07, 2014 8:15 am by Henias

» Henias the police dog
Guidelines and help EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:45 am by Dog Keeper

» Character Biography Scorah
Guidelines and help EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:44 am by Dog Keeper

» Todd's Glory Days
Guidelines and help EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:09 pm by Dog Keeper

» Favourite books
Guidelines and help EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:09 am by Riley

» Favourite book covers
Guidelines and help EmptyTue May 06, 2014 11:05 am by Riley

Chat my Minions
Visitors since April 2014
stats for websites

Guidelines and help

Go down

Guidelines and help Empty Guidelines and help

Post by Dog Keeper Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:03 pm

Here are a few things to help you create a character, but also to make it super interesting and different from everyone else’s.

Basics

Well a name would be handy. It doesn't have to be clever or smart. It could even be Jim. Is your dog male or female? Does this change how they act? How old are they? Are they just a wee baby or an old hag? Does this effect them?

Personality and inner characteristics

What type of personality do they have? Are they always scared? Playful? Mean? A personality is a must have. It would be pretty boring if a dog didn't have one. So if your dog is mean, don't just say they are, make them mean. Make every dog in the pack hate them. It will make your character more interesting if they have a good personality planned out.

If you find it hard fleshing out a character you can either ask a alpha to help you or you can use characters from books or films to guide you.

So for example. If I wanted a really evil and mysterious character I would think of books, films, tv and other things to help me if I need too. So I could use Batman as he's very mysterious character, but he's not very evil. So If I wanted an evil character I could use Ursula from the little mermaid. She's very malicious and cunning. So use media around you, but do not copy as that can become boring.

Now, Inner characteristics are important. What are they good at? Any hobbies? Any likes or dislikes? Just think of what you are like and use that to help you think about your wolf. Maybe they don't like bees? Maybe they just love puppies? These things are really good to use as it will help you become a more likeable character. No one is perfect. Everyone has flaws, so make sure your dog does too.

History

History is something that moulds us into who we are. If our character has had a hard past do they let that slow them down or do they stand above that and become a stronger dog. Did they have a protective family, so now they find it hard to be independent? It's very important to think about their history as it does change who they are.

Coat colour

We're not very strict about the looks of your dog. We don't mind a few abnormal coloured dog, but we don't want bright green dogs. They wouldn't survive very long. Though, we do not mind your dogs having a few colourful markings. We also do not mind if they have extreme markings that you can never find on a dog. Just try to be as realistic as you can with the colours please. We do not want you changing your dog's coat colours. We will allow you to do this once, but that is it.

Eye colours.

We allow any eye colour. We do not mind if your dog has pink eyes. The only thing we do not allow is stripy eyes or rainbow eyes. That is a no show. :3 You can only change the eye colour once.
Dog Keeper
Dog Keeper
Admin

https://hounds.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum